We Purchase Junk Cars with a Lost Title

We Purchase Junk Cars with a Lost Title

We purchase cars with a lost or no title. Because we are a licensed and bonded company we are to give you cash for junk cars. There are laws pertaining to this kind of purchase that we must follow. There are state and federal laws that require us to do extra paperwork then we normally do. A Non-Titled vehicle has to be purchased by a licensed salvage buyer here in Texas.

What Documents do I need to sell my Lost Titled Vehicle

We document everything; from the time you call Houston Junk Car Buyer for a quote to the time that we arrive to inspect your vehicle. When you call us for a quote we will need your vehicles identification number or VIN for short. We run your VIN to make sure that the vehicle is in your name or that you don’t have a lean holder on your title.

We will give you a quote on purchasing your junk vehicle with a lost title. Once Houston Junk Car Buyer gives you a quote and you accept the quote we will arrange a convenient time with you to pick up your vehicle. At the time of our arrival we will have to have you fill out a state of Texas mandated form. This form gives us permission to obtain a duplicate title on your behalf. We will also need a photo copy of your state issued drivers license or identification.

At this point we take pictures of the vehicle and the vehicle and the vehicle identification plate.  This is to document where, when and whom we purchased the vehicle from. At this point we will ask you for your state issued drivers license or id. We also take a picture of you and your state issued drivers license or identification. The state has a strict set of guidelines that we have to follow. This is for your protection and our protection.

Paperwork required to sell my Lost Titled Vehicle

Once we get all of the information that we are required to obtain we write you a bill of sale. You will have to sign it and place your right thumb print on it. We keep this in our records in case the state asks us for it.

Once we purchase your vehicle we send your state issued duplicate titled to the state to get it marked as salvaged. This is required by law.

How do I release myself from being liable for my sold vehicle in Texas?
You fill out a form VTR-346 (found here) and submit it to the Texas Department of Transportation. This can also be done easily on the TxDOT website. For additional information, please refer to the Texas DOT web site: TxDOT.

I hope this information has been very helpful. If you have any questions please feel free to give Houston Junk Car Buyer a call at 713-592-2576 for a free no obligation quote. We are here to take care of all of Houston’s junk car removal needs. Remember we buy junk cars in Houston and offer free towing!